- Job no: XQMDQ
- Categories: Trades/Maintenance
Build Your Career with a Leading Mining Contractor!
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company delivering an end to end service offering to clients throughout Australia and Southeast Asia. With extensive experience in both surface and underground mining operations, Macmahon offers exciting opportunities for career growth across a range of locations and commodity sectors.
The Telfer Gold Mine is located in the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia and produces copper and gold. Macmahon commenced its operations at the Telfer mine site in February 2016 and is delivering the surface drill and blast, load and haul, mobile maintenance and rehandle mine functions.
- Permanent full-time roles with a leading mining contractor
- Family friendly 8 days on 6 days off roster flying in and out of Perth
- Short and direct Perth airport to camp travel in just 2 hours
We are currently looking for experienced High Voltage Electrician to join our close-knit team at Telfer on a family friendly 8 days on 6 days off roster flying in and out of Perth.
Reporting to Electrical Supervisor, High Voltage Electrician is responsible for diagnosing, repairing, servicing and testing all elements of the high voltage electrical and electronic systems on all vehicles in compliance with obligations under the relevant legislation. Daily duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maximising the availability and reliability of all mobile equipment on site;
- Carrying out test and tagging on all electrical equipment, office equipment, electrical appliances, switch boards 3 monthly, 6 monthly and 12 monthly;
- Carrying out maintenance infrastructure tasks as required;
- Servicing and maintaining lighting plants as required;
- Embracing and supporting the maintenance department ‘s planning strategy regarding work order management and defect elimination;
- Ensuring that operational schedules are met in accordance with strategic operational planning;
- Carrying out repairs to equipment as to the OEM Manual (Original Engineering Manufacture) or as to best engineering practices as direct by Electrical Supervisor;
- Carrying out diagnostic procedures and test all electrical components; and
- Fitting, servicing and repairing alternators, starter motors and air conditioning units.
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably within mine site environment;
- Australian Recognised Trade Certificate and WA Electrical Licence;
- Demonstrated experience working with CAT and Hitachi equipment;
- Exceptional diagnostic and fault finding skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of the team;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrating commitment to Macmahon safety culture and values; and
- Current C Class Drivers Licence.
As a part of the recruitment process for this role you may be required to complete a pre-employment medical, inclusive of laboratory drug and alcohol screen and complete a criminal history and qualification checks.
To register your interest, please click the 'Apply Now' and set up a profile in our LiveHire portal with your current CV.
- Published on 15 Nov 2019, 7:35 AM