- Job no: X3TRP
- Categories: Plan Operator or Plant Operations
Build Your Career with a Leading Mining Contractor!
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company delivering an end to end service offering to clients throughout Australia and Southeast Asia. With extensive experience in both surface and underground mining operations, Macmahon offers exciting opportunities for career growth across a range of locations and commodity sectors.
The Telfer Gold Mine is located in the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia and produces copper and gold. Macmahon commenced its operations at the Telfer mine site in February 2016 and is delivering the surface drill and blast, load and haul, mobile maintenance and rehandle mine functions.
- Permanent full time role with a leading mining contractor
- 2:1 and 2:2 rosters flying in and out of Perth available
- Short and direct Perth airport to camp travel in just 2 hours
We are currently looking for experienced Production Excavator Operators to join our Team at Telfer on a 2 weeks on (7 dayshifts followed by 7 nightshifts), 1 week off roster flying in and out of Perth.
Reporting to Production Supervisor, Production Excavator Operator is responsible for achieving our production targets, by operating the machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
Daily duties include, but are not limited to:
- Top loading trucks and double benching;
- Operating ancillary various equipment as required; and
- Undertaking labouring duties as required.
- Previous experience in a similar role in an open-cut mining environment;
- Extensive experience operating 300 tonne+ excavators in production mode, preferably on one of the following;
- CAT 6060
- HIT 3600
- Liebherr 996
- Demonstrated experience operating variety of ancillary equipment, e.g.:
- CAT D10/D11 dozers
- CAT 994 loaders
- CAT graders 16m/24m
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of the team;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrating commitment to Macmahon safety culture and values; and
- Current C Class Drivers Licence.
As a part of the recruitment process for this role you may be required to complete a pre-employment medical, inclusive of laboratory drug and alcohol screen and complete a criminal history and qualification checks.
To register your interest, please click the 'Apply Now' and set up a profile in our LiveHire portal with your current CV.
- Published on 27 Sep 2019, 4:40 AM