- Job no: TBD6G
- Categories: Byerwen Coal
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with projects throughout Australia and South East Asia.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
Macmahon are currently seeking a Maintenance Planner to join the surface mining maintenance team at Byerwen coal mine. Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the position is responsible for ensuring the coordination of all the logistical issues and resource allocation for the mobile maintenance execution plans. The Maintenance Planner is required to prioritise and allocate resources to the mobile maintenance planned work packages, ready for execution by the maintenance teams.
Key duties/responsibilities include:
- Identify scope, work steps, resources and equipment required to achieve planned jobs
- Ensure the labour and materials are specified for the identified jobs
- Create new work orders inclusive of scope of works, parts required, tooling required, labour resources required, supporting documents required etc.
- Create the maintenance short term plans and ensuring the plan is incorporated in the mine short term plan
- Based on the priorities, available hours and resources available, develop schedules based on job priorities and information from job plans
- Consolidation of multiple jobs on the same equipment or system and proactive vs. reactive work available
- Provision in the weekly schedule for emergencies, high priority and reactive jobs by scheduling 80% of the available hours
- Allocate resources to the planned jobs and manage the scheduled weekly plan
- Maintain workshop records, equipment records and registers in accordance with the Macmahon Business System (MBS)
To be successful in this position you must have:
- Minimum 5 years mining or maintenance
- Direct experience with heavy mobile equipment maintenance
- Relevant trade qualification
- Demonstrate experience with various CMM systems
- Standard 11 induction
- Coal Board Medical
- Drivers Licence (manual)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
On offer is a Monday to Friday roster with camp accommodation provided, a competitive remuneration package and extensive benefits program.
If the position is of interest to you and you feel that you meet the above criteria, please apply now!
- Published on 09 Sep 2019, 6:21 AM