- Job no: RRFBG
- Categories: Trades/Maintenance
Build Your Career with a Leading Mining Contractor!
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company delivering an end to end service offering to clients throughout Australia and Southeast Asia. With extensive experience in both surface and underground mining operations, Macmahon offers exciting opportunities for career growth across a range of locations and commodity sectors.
The Telfer Gold Mine is located in the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia and produces copper and gold. Macmahon commenced its operations at Telfer in February 2016 and is delivering the surface drill and blast, load and haul, mobile maintenance and rehandle mine functions.
- Permanent full-time roles with a leading mining contractor
- 2 weeks on 1 week off roster flying in and out of Perth
- Short and direct Perth airport to camp travel in just 2 hours
We are currently looking for experienced Leading Hand Fitter to join our close-knit team at Telfer on a 2 weeks on (7 dayshifts followed by 7 nightshifts), 1 week off roster flying in and out of Perth.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this position will be responsible for overseeing the day to day maintenance requirements of a wide range of plant and equipment. Daily duties include, but are not limited to:
- Organising resourcing and providing technical advice, leadership as well as direction to workshop crew;
- Ensuring team members have optimum workloads and hands-on training for safe and efficient performance;
- Identifying parts and materials required for daily maintenance activities;
- Managing maintenance and rebuild practices as well as the condition of the workplace to company and industry standards;
- Demonstrating proactive hands on focus in all aspects of Maintenance execution tasks;
- Mentoring their crew members and help them achieving operational excellence; and
- Promoting and engaging in effective communication across all parts of the business
- Previous experience in a leadership role, preferably within mine site environment;
- Australian Recognised Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic Trade Certificate;
- Extensive experience working on a range of heavy duty mobile equipment, including:
- CAT D10/D11 Dozers
- CAT 994 Loaders
- CAT 6060/6050 and HIT 3600 Excavator
- CAT Graders 16m/24m
- CAT 793 Dump Trucks
- Exceptional diagnostic and fault finding skills;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Demonstrating commitment to Macmahon safety culture and values; and
- Current C Class Drivers Licence.
As a part of the recruitment process for this role you may be required to complete a pre-employment medical, inclusive of laboratory drug and alcohol screen and complete a criminal history and qualification checks.
To register your interest, please click the 'Apply Now' and set up a profile in our LiveHire portal with your current CV.
- Published on 03 Dec 2019, 5:57 AM