- Job no: RKRDT
- Categories: Trades/Maintenance
Build Your Career with a Leading Mining Contractor!
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company delivering an end to end service offering to clients throughout Australia and Southeast Asia. With extensive experience in both surface and underground mining operations, Macmahon offers exciting opportunities for career growth across a range of locations and commodity sectors.
The Telfer Gold Mine is located in the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia and produces copper and gold. Macmahon commenced its operations at the Telfer mine site in February 2016 and is delivering the surface drill and blast, load and haul, mobile maintenance and rehandle mine functions.
- Permanent full-time role with a leading mining contractor
- Family friendly 8 days on 6 days off roster flying in and out of Perth
- Play a vital role in advancing our people careers and contribute to our success
We are currently looking for experienced Mobile Plant Maintenance Planner join our Team at Telfer on an 8 days on 6 days off roster flying in and out of Perth.
Reporting to Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Planner is responsible for the coordination of all of the logistical issues and resource allocation for the Mobile Maintenance weekly execution plans. They are also required to prioritise and allocate resources to the mobile maintenance planned work packages ready for execution by the maintenance teams.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing work request and creation of CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System) work orders;
- Identifying scope, work steps, resources and equipment required to achieve planned jobs;
- Creating the maintenance short term plan (5 weekly) and ensuring the plan is incorporated in the mine short term plan;
- Managing of the backlog and forward logs;
- Allocating resources to the planned jobs and managing the scheduled weekly plan;
- Holding weekly scheduling meeting with Maintenance and Operations to review, amend and sign off on the scheduled week plan;
- Supporting the Maintenance Supervisors in the current week with breakdown work orders resource requirements and progress updates on the current week schedule;
- Maintaining workshop records, equipment records and registers in accordance with the Macmahon Business System (MBS);
- Ordering replacement of spare parts as required and follow up; and
- Reviewing the effectiveness of the maintenance system for continuous improvement.
- Well established experience in a similar role working with heavy mobile equipment maintenance, preferably in an open cut mining environment;
- Holding relevant tertiary or trade qualification;
- Exposure to various computerised maintenance management systems (CMMS);
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrating commitment to Macmahon safety culture and values; and
- Current C Class Drivers Licence.
As a part of the recruitment process for this role you may be required to complete a pre-employment medical, inclusive of laboratory drug and alcohol screen and complete a criminal history and qualification checks.
To register your interest, please click the 'Apply Now' and set up a profile in our LiveHire portal with your current CV.
- Published on 03 Dec 2019, 6:11 AM