- Job no: QT8RQ
- Categories: Engineering - Mining
Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector throughout Australia and Asia. Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
Macmahon is currently seeking applications from Mining Engineers experienced in open cut operations to join the Macmahon team at the Byerwen coal mine. Macmahon is committed to attracting high potential employees and believe that our people define our competitive edge in the market place, driving our growth.
You will be part of a dedicated, high energy team based at Byerwen, with an opportunity to work beside some of the best people in the industry. This role will offer personal and professional development in an environment which is challenging and rewarding.
Main duties/responsibilities will include:
- All aspects of engineering work including: mine planning, design, scheduling, drill & blast support and equipment selection as required;
- Providing technical and commercial support;
- Providing technical engineering support and analysis;
- Assisting site personnel with management of survey data and checks as required;
- Reviewing and liaising with site personnel on client schedules, equipment allocation and expected costs and revenue; and
- Supporting in progress claim audits and forecast preparation for the project
To be considered for this position you must have;
- Degree in Engineering;
- Minimum 4 years’ operational experience (preferably in coal);
- Experience with mine planning software;
- Demonstrated financial acumen and experience with operation improvement projects; and
- Proven commitment to safety
Macmahon offers our people the ability to work in diverse roles, in different locations and realise new opportunities within the Company over time. We are focused on ensuring our people can be involved in the future of the business and look for new opportunities for people to grow and develop.
APPLY NOW and Grow with Us!
- Published on 15 Jul 2019, 3:03 AM