- Job no: PCTQH
- Categories: Estimating, Plant
Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector throughout Australia and South East Asia.
Macmahon is continuing to grow and due to our expanding workload in Queensland we are looking for an experienced Plant Estimator to join the team on a permanent basis.
Based at our Brisbane office, and reporting to the Commercial and Tendering Manager, you will be working with a passionate and committed team to provide plant and project estimates that will have an impact on the success of tenders and the future of the organisation.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Tender review and technical support
- Identify risks associated with potential tender submissions
- Create high level presentations
- Ongoing technical and commercial support to existing contracts
- Research and application of continuous business improvements
- Data compilation and reporting of equipment and project metrics
- Financial Modelling for potential and future projects
- You will have a demonstrated ability to engage clients and stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes.
- Assist with contract negotiations and approvals where possible
- Ad-hoc travel to site when required
- On-going research within the mobile plant/mining Industry
- Live the company values of safety, prosperity, teamwork, integrity and environment
To be successful in this role it is paramount that you possess:
- Bachelor of Mining Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent proficiency in Asset Management Tool (AMT)
- 5+ years estimating experience in a mining contracting environment
- Knowledge and experience of plant estimating methods and equipment
- Sound knowledge of financial modelling including revenue and cost components, profitability, return on investment and other general economic parameters.
- Excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills
If you are interested in this role, please Apply Now.
- Published on 17 May 2019, 7:51 AM