- Job no: NN8BG
- Categories: Safety/Health/Environment
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with complex projects throughout Australia and Asia.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and rewarding career in mining.
Macmahon is currently seeking an experienced HSEQ Advisor to join the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) team. This position is site based (Mackay as the point of hire) and will work across Macmahon's civil and mining operations within the Bowen Basin. You will be responsible for providing advice, support and services in the application of HSEQ practices. You may also be required to travel overseas from time to time to conduct HSEQ audits at our international operations.
Reporting to the HSEQT Superintendent, responsibilities will include:
- Providing a high degree of HSEQ support and guidance to domestic projects;
- Assist with the overall implementation of safety systems, strategies & initiatives;
- Providing facilitation, assistance and guidance in incident investigations, HSE meetings, inspections and work practices across the projects;
- Assist in maintaining the centralised HSEQ management systems;
- Development of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality documentation at both corporate and site levels;
- Leading and participating in Internal HSEQ Audits across the operations;
- Ensuring compliance with WHS legislation as well as company policies and procedures;
- Leading, facilitating and participating in risk and change management processes; and
- Preparation of routine reports as required.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety;
- Strong organisation and computer literacy;
- Demonstrated experience as an WHS Practitioner, ideally within the resources industry;
- Working knowledge of the Mines Safety Inspection Act (WA) and similar legislation in other states;
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in HSEQ management systems such as INCONTROL;
- Qualification in incident investigation such as ICAM;
- Qualification and experience in Internal HSEQ Management Systems Auditing;
- Current "C" Class Queensland Drivers Licence or equivalent;
- A 'can do' attitude with a strong desire to succeed in the role and a passion for health, safety, environment and community;
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and engagement skills;
- Ability to pass a GSDU; and
- Ability to travel domestically and potentially internationally as and when required.
In addition to understanding operational HSEQ requirements and legislation, you will be a proactive individual with a strong capability of communicating with a variety of stakeholders.
If you are able to satisfy the criteria and this role appeals to you, then we look forward to receiving your application.
- Published on 22 Aug 2019, 1:28 AM