- Job no: MYN6E
- Categories: Training
Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector throughout Australia and Southeast Asia. Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
- Play a vital role in advancing our people careers and contribute to our success
- Support multiple surface and underground projects Australia wide
- Family friendly 8 days on 6 days off roster flying in and out of Perth
We are currently looking for an experienced Training Advisor to join our Corporate Training team on an 8 days on 6 days off roster, flying in and out of Perth.
The successful candidate will be predominantly roving between our Australian surface and underground mining operations, but will also spend some time between projects working in our headquarters based at Perth Airport. Please note that, some ad hoc domestic and international travels may be required outside of the 8:6 roster depending on our operational requirements.
Reporting to RTO Coordinator, the primary focus of this role it to ensure efficient and effective delivery of onsite training, inclusive of Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering site based training and assessments in accordance with Macmahon, Client and legislative requirements;
- Ensuring all training and assessment paperwork is adhered to and that training records are suitably maintained;
- Providing support to site management teams with developing competency frameworks, ensuring that training activities are aligned with business targets as well as advising on application of the Learning and Development system;
- Developing and reviewing current training and assessment material and frameworks; and
- Conducting training audits across our sites.
To be considered for a role, you will require:
- Well established experience in delivering workplace training and assessments, preferably within a mining environment;
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116 is required);
- Proven track record in operating various mobile plant equipment inclusive but not limited to haul trucks, loaders, dozers, graders and excavators;
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and engagement skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of RTO standards and VET Quality Framework;
- Excellent attention to detail and high to intermediate level of computer literacy;
- Ability to travel to remote locations domestically and internationally as required; and
- Current "C" Class WA Driver’s Licence or equivalent.
As a part of the recruitment process for this role you may be required to complete a pre-employment medical, inclusive of laboratory drug and alcohol screen and complete a criminal history and qualification checks.
To register your interest, please click the 'Apply Now' and set up a profile in our LiveHire portal with your current CV.
- Published on 25 Oct 2019, 3:45 AM