- Job no: MME37
- Categories: Plan Operator or Plant Operations
Build Your Career with a Leading Mining Contractor!
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company delivering an end to end service offering to clients throughout Australia and Southeast Asia. With extensive experience in both surface and underground mining operations, Macmahon offers exciting opportunities for career growth across a range of locations and commodity sectors.
Olympic Dam is one of the world’s biggest copper, gold, silver and uranium deposit located in rural South Australia. Macmahon Mining Services is proud to provide specialised drilling services to the underground mine that contains more than 450 kilometres of roads and tunnels.
- Great opportunity to kick start your career with a leading mining contractor
- 2 weeks on 1 week off roster flying in and out of Adelaide
- Multiple trainee roles available
We are currently looking for Trainee Drillers Offsiders to join our underground Team on a 2 weeks on (7 dayshifts, 7 nightshifts) 1 week off roster flying in and out of Adelaide. Those entry level roles will suit candidates, who are looking for a chance to establish their careers in underground mining as Drillers.
Working together with our experienced Raise Drillers, your daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the operation of the raise drill machines (rigging both up and down), including connecting and disconnecting of services/ hoses and tramming gear;
- Providing support with the operation of Integrated Tool carrier;
- Assisting with basic maintenance of the drill rigs;
- Completing daily order sheets, service sheets and parts orders; and
- Carrying out daily trade assistant tasks, inclusive of manual handling.
- Previous history of work, demonstrating commitment and dedication in roles;
- Strong drive towards pursing an underground mining career;
- Proven ability to work in a safe and efficient manner;
- Willingness to learn and ability take direction easily, with the confidence to ask questions;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Current Drivers Licence.
As a part of the recruitment process for this role you may be required to complete a pre-employment medical, inclusive of laboratory drug and alcohol screen and complete a criminal history and qualification checks.
Shortlisting for this position will commence on Thursday, 22nd August however we do reserve the right to close applications for this role earlier. To register your interest, please click the 'Apply Now' and set up a profile in our LiveHire portal with your current CV.
- Closed 4 months ago - 20 Aug 2019