Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering an end to end service offering to clients throughout Australia and South East Asia. Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
Macmahon has been awarded a new long term underground mining contract for the development of the new Boston Shaker underground mine located at our existing surface operation at Tropicana gold mine in Western Australia.
The Macmahon Underground team are seeking a Mine Foreman to work an 8 days on 6 days off roster FIFO out of Perth.
This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre mine foreman or experienced shift supervisor to step into a critical role and put their stamp on a project from the start.
To provide effective leadership and day to day management of the Underground workforce and resources to deliver the requirements of the Scope of Works in relation to Safety, Productivity and Cost.
Lead and motivate direct reports and others to demand high standards of safety performance. Lead by example, work, promote and manage in accordance with established work rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Model and promote behaviours in line with Macmahon Values, Vision and Code of Conduct.
Identify and implement improvement opportunities leading to safer work practices and increased efficiencies and lower costs.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Strong understanding of both equipment and human resource capability and productivities
- Understand mine plans, mining techniques and the ability to optimise mine production
- Able to assess people performance and manage a team to meet safety and production requirements
- Statutory Qualifications for Supervision (WA Shift Supervisor Competency)
- Extensive Underground experience (10+ years in operational roles);
- Proven track record in operational performance management;
- Effective operational planning and ability to ensure that the mining program meets or exceeds the required forecasts/budgets;
- Ability to manage, lead and promote a safe, productive and cost-effective workforce;
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills;
- Strong ethics and values driven;
- Honest, integral and fair;
- Positive, proactive attitude and work ethic;
- Strong communication and stakeholder relationship building skills.
- Senior First Aid Certificate;
- Driver’s Licence.
- Certificate III & IV (Training and Assessing);
- Certification in Frontline Management;
- Certification in Risk Management Processes;
- Financial Acumen Course (or similar).
Macmahon will offer you the ability to join a dynamic team in a position where you can quickly make a difference and see tangible results. You will receive an attractive remuneration package which acknowledges your qualifications and experience as well as long term career prospects whilst maintaining a family oriented roster.
If you are not currently looking for a new position but would like to be kept updated on new opportunities with Macmahon we would welcome you to join our Talent Community. In order to register to be a part of our Talent community please copy and paste the link below into a new Web browser and follow the prompts. https://www.livehire.com/employer