- Job no: JE3RH
- Categories: Engineering - Mining
Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector throughout Australia and Southeast Asia. Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
- Play a critical role in our future growth and support our WA based surface projects
- Opportunity to advance your career with a leading mining contractor
- 8 days on 6 days off roster, flying in and out of Perth
We are currently looking for an experienced Mining Engineer to join our close-knit Technical Services Team.
The successful candidate will be predominantly roving between our Australian surface mining operations providing support to on-site technical team, but will also spend some time between projects working in our headquarters based at Perth Airport. Please note that, some ad hoc domestic and international travels may be required outside of the 8:6 roster depending on our operational requirements.
Reporting to Senior Mining Engineer duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting all aspects of engineering work, predominantly drill & blast design and support as well as mine scheduling in a timely manner;
- Providing technical and commercial support as required inclusive of timely reporting of accurate site performance statistics;
- Identifying and actively participating in business improvement initiatives;
- Assisting site personnel with management of survey data and checks as required;
- Reviewing and liaising with site personnel on client schedules, equipment allocation and expected costs and revenue; and
- Maintaining the production reporting system and associated site support; and
- Supporting in progress claim audits and forecast preparation for the project.
To be considered for a role, you will require:
- Previous experience in a similar role, within an open-pit mining environment;
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineer (recognised by Engineers Australia);
- Previous experience working on large scale gold-mining projects;
- Technical competence with mining software packages (e.g. Vulcan or similar);
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team;
- Ability to travel to remote locations on a short notice; and
- Current "C" Class WA Drivers Licence or equivalent.
As a part of the recruitment process for this role you may be required to complete a pre-employment medical, inclusive of laboratory drug and alcohol screen and complete a criminal history and qualification checks.
To register your interest, please click the 'Apply Now' and set up a profile in our LiveHire portal with your current CV.
- Published on 09 Oct 2019, 6:45 AM