- Job no: HNAQA
- Categories: Trades/Maintenance, Tyre Repairer
Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector throughout Australia and South East Asia.
The Tropicana Gold Project is a large gold mining operation located 330km north-east of Kalgoorlie, on the edge of Western Australia's Great Victoria Desert. Macmahon's 10-year mining contract includes all mine planning, drill and blast, load and haul, crusher feed and other associated works.
Macmahon are looking for dedicated Tyre Repairers who will join our Tropicana maintenance team. This role will be on an 8/6 day shift only roster FIFO from Perth or Kalgoorlie.
About the role;
- You will be responsible for Repairing earthmover tyres to high quality standards
- Seal punctures or tears in tyres and perform other miscellaneous repairs in a timely manner, following policies and work procedures
- Monitor inventory as items are used, placing orders for replacements as they become necessary
- Relay information to Tyre Leading Hand about the state of the tyres, making recommendations for potential repair processes.
- Basic computer work (spreadsheets)
- Complete fleet inspections
- Take notes of problems, making recommendations for major repairs or implementing minor repairs on the spot
To be considered for this position you must have;
- You should have extensive knowledge in tyre repairs, especially with the operation of Thermopress and Monarch systems
- In addition to repairing, you must be able to carry out fleet inspections and give feedback on required tyre repair work
- You must have good communication skills
- A history in the tyre industry is preferred and mechanic working experience is a big plus
- Competitive candidates will exhibit critical thinking and decision making skills
- Be willing to join our talented vehicle maintenance crew and enter a fulfilling career increasing tyre life
- Dedicated commitment to safety and quality assurance
- Excellent work ethic / Self motivated
- Must be able to pass a Pre-employment medical and National police clearance
To be successful in this position you will enjoy
- Long Term Project opportunity
- Excellent camp facilities
- Training and upskilling from a registered RTO
- Competitive remuneration
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahons’ Surface Mining Division, you will be required to pass a medical and drug and alcohol test along with obtaining a National Police Clearance.
If you are interested in this position then APPLY NOW to join one of Australia’s best known contracting brands and named in the top 20 employers in the country.
- Published on 22 Mar 2019, 4:54 AM