- Job no: ETHYD
- Categories: Plan Operator or Plant Operations
Build Your Career with a Leading Mining Contractor!
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company delivering an end to end service offering to clients throughout Australia and Southeast Asia. With extensive experience in both surface and underground mining operations, Macmahon offers exciting opportunities for career growth across a range of locations and commodity sectors.
The Telfer Gold Mine is located in the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia and produces copper and gold. Macmahon commenced its operations at the Telfer mine site in February 2016 and is delivering the surface drill and blast, load and haul, mobile maintenance and rehandle mine functions.
- Multiple permanent full-time roles with a leading mining contractor
- 2 weeks on 1 week off roster flying in and out of Perth
- Short and direct Perth airport to camp travel in just 2 hours
We are currently looking for experienced Ancillary Operators to join our Team at Telfer on a 2 weeks on (7 dayshifts followed by 7 nightshifts), 1 week off roster flying in and out of Perth.
Reporting to Production Supervisor, All-Round Operator is responsible for operating a wide range of ancillary and production machinery in a safe and efficient manner and in line with Macmahon standards, policies and procedures. This role will suit a versatile all-rounder, who is able and keen to operate a variety of ancillary equipment and well as drive a dump truck an ad hoc basis as required.
- Previous experience in a similar role in a large scale open-cut mining production environment;
- Demonstrated extensive experience operating variety of ancillary equipment, e.g.:
- CAT D10/D11 Dozers
- CAT 994 Loaders
- CAT 6060/6050 and HIT 3600 Excavator
- CAT Graders 16m/24m
- Previous experience on Mechanical Dump Trucks (CAT 789/793)
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of the team;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrating commitment to Macmahon safety culture and values; and
- Current C Class Drivers Licence.
As a part of the recruitment process for this role you may be required to complete a pre-employment medical, inclusive of laboratory drug and alcohol screen and complete a criminal history and qualification checks.
To register your interest, please click the 'Apply Now' and set up a profile in our LiveHire portal with your current CV.
- Published on 30 Oct 2019, 7:36 AM