Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering an end to end service offering to clients throughout Australia and South East Asia. Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
The Macmahon Underground team is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced HSEQT Advisor for one of our largest projects in South Australia. This is a 'hands on' position working a 8:6 roster reporting to the Project Manager.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
· Provide a high degree of safety and health support and advice to the operational departments of the site
· Assist with the overall implementation of safety systems, strategies & initiatives
· Provide facilitation, assistance and guidance in incident investigations, HSE meetings, safety inspections of equipment and work practices on the site
· Assist in maintaining the HSEQ and training management systems on site
· Participate in high level incident and accident investigations as required, including incident reports
· Ensure compliance with WHS regulations as well as company policies and procedures
· Safety and training administration, accurate data entry and record keeping
· Lead, facilitate and participate in risk management processes for the Mine Site
· End of month reporting
· Assist in site Drug and Alcohol testing programs
To be successful you will have the following stills and experience
· Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
· Certificate IV WHS
· Minimum 3 years experience in similar role within Underground environment
· Strong organisation and computer literacy
· Working knowledge of the mines safety inspection act
· Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
· Experience in HSEQ management systems such as INCONTROL (Desirable)
· Qualification in incident investigation such as ICAM
· Current "C" Class Western Australian Drivers Licence or equivalent
· A ‘can do’ attitude with a strong desire to succeed in the role and a passion for health, safety, environment and community
· Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and engagement skills
Committed to working within a culture driven by safety and operating discipline, you will have strong teamwork and interpersonal skills. As part of the Macmahon team you will enjoy training and upskilling from a registered RTO and competitive remuneration, as well as access to legislated remote area benefits for those living in a prescribed remote area.
In addition to understanding operational safety requirements and legislation, you will be a proactive individual with a strong capability of communicating with a variety of stakeholders.
Coupled with a lifestyle balanced 8/6 roster, the role attracts a competitive remuneration package and is well supported by the executive management team to continue to drive our safety standards forward.
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahon’s Underground Mining Division, you will be required to pass a Pre employment medical and drug and alcohol screen.
If you are interested in this position then APPLY NOW and look forward to working on this exciting operation with Macmahon.