Are you looking for a challenging position with an expanding company? Our team values your support role as an important part of our growth.
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with complex projects throughout Australia and South East Asia. Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and rewarding career in mining.
The Batu Hijau Project located on Sumbawa Island is a large copper/gold mining operation located 250km east of Bali. Macmahon's mining contract is an Alliance project with PT Aman Mineral Nusa Tenggara (PT AMNT) includes all mine planning, drill and blast, load and haul, crusher feed and other associated works.
We are now seeking an experienced Technical Advisor to work at its Medium Equipment Workshop living on site working a 5 days on 2 days off roster or alternatively fly in/fly out roster to point of hire working 20 days on and 10 days off. The Batu Hijau camp site is well appointed with SOS Medical, sports facilities (includes swimming pool, golf pit, soccer field, basket field, tennis courts and music studio), International school (for employees dependents), beautiful beaches, on site mini-mart and restaurants close by and on the beach.
The primary focus of the role is to review the current processes and supplier base being used by the facility to determine whether or not they are best for business. The role will also be responsible for advising the national workforce on best practices for maintenance activities of the 300+ of small and medium equipment. This equipment includes LVs, buses, cranes, compactors, small excavators, logistics trucks and all site support equipment. It has an operational component which involves managing logistics to and from the port to both mining and processing plant as well as maintaining the condition of the logistics road.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Working along national work force to ensure adherence to, Macmahon and statutory HSEQ requirements across the Maintenance area;
- Advising national supervision team to ensure maintenance operations are executed in line with alliance principles whilst ensuring risks are identified and minimized;
- Reviewing current and required supply and maintenance agreements and negotiating the best for business position;
- Help promote a strong culture within the maintenance area to ensure equipment can achieve operating KPIs for both availability and reliability;
- Build a competent, engaged and performance driven maintenance workforce and provides appropriate development opportunities to build internal capability;
- Champion site alliance values to ensure they are firmly embedded in the team’s culture;
To be successful in this role it is paramount that you possess:
- 8+ years’ industry related experience working around light and medium size construction equipment;
- 3+ years’ experience in a commercial or supply role managing finances and carrying out data analytics;
- 2+ years’ experience in Indonesia with a knowledge of key industry suppliers;
- Ability to advise and motivate national maintenance teams to achieve high standards of safety and quality;
- Strong commercial acumen with ability to interpret and interrogate data;
- Sound computer skills and familiar with operating business systems such as Eclipse;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully with other cultures;
- Good negotiating skills;
You will need to be a self-starter who can work unsupervised, hands on with the Indonesian national workforce.
If these challenges appeal to you, then we look forward to receiving your application.