- Job no: DBACR
- Categories: Tropicana Gold Project
Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector throughout Australia and South East Asia. Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
The Tropicana Gold Mine site is located in the Great Victoria Desert 330 km northeast of Kalgoorlie, just a short flight from Perth. Macmahon is responsible for delivering the surface drill and blast, load and haul and mobile maintenance functions on site. We work closely with our joint venture partner, AngloGold Ashanti to provide a high performing work environment.
Macmahon is currently seeking applications from a suitably qualified and experienced Maintenance Planner to join the onsite mobile maintenance team. Working on an 8/6 roster FIFO from Perth this position will see you responsible for the preparing and forecasting of planned maintenance work within the CMMS system, scheduling of outstanding work and reporting on completion.
Key accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain the long term component forecast
- Maintaining and updating records of maintenance costs, plant history and task changes within the computerised maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Organising external service providers as required
- Creation of component BOM lists and backlog entry
- Providing site support for maintenance and KPI reporting
- Generate major shut plans and work scopes
The successful candidate will be a proactive, detail focused, team player and will possess the following:
- Extensive experience with a varied range of mining equipment & heavy plant maintenance exposure
- Relevant trade qualification with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in the mining industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with MS Excel and Project
If successful in this position you will enjoy;
- Permanent employment opportunity with in a unified, high performing, dynamic mobile maintenance division
- Excellent health and well-being camp facilities including; 24 hour gym, golf driving range, tennis and basketball courts and a healthy social environment
- Permanent room allocation
- Short, direct flight from Perth to site
- Nationally recognised training and upskilling opportunities
- Competitive remuneration
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahon’s Surface Mining Division, you will be required to pass a medical and drug and alcohol test along with obtaining a National Police Certificate.
If you are interested in this position then please APPLY NOW
- Published on 16 Oct 2019, 6:42 AM