- Job no: CAJYQ
- Categories: Plan Operator or Plant Operations
Build Your Career with a Leading Mining Contractor!
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company delivering an end to end service offering to clients throughout Australia and Southeast Asia. With extensive experience in both surface and underground mining operations, Macmahon offers exciting opportunities for career growth across a range of locations and commodity sectors.
The Telfer Gold Mine is located in the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia and produces copper and gold. Macmahon commenced its operations at the Telfer mine site in February 2016 and is delivering the surface drill and blast, load and haul, mobile maintenance and rehandle mine functions.
- Permanent full time role on a 2 weeks on 1 week off roster flying in and out of Perth
- Great opportunity to gain step into a Supervisory role in the future
- Short and direct Perth airport to camp travel in just 2 hours
We are currently looking for experienced Leading Hand Operator to join our Team at Telfer on a 2 weeks on (7 dayshifts followed by 7 nightshifts), 1 week off roster flying in and out of Perth.
Working closely with Production Supervisor, Leading Hand provides assistance and support with effective implementation, communication and execution of the of the daily work plan.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting Production Supervisor with effective allocation of resources, including people, equipment and materials;
- Inspecting work areas to ensure they meet the required safety and operational standards for site and taking appropriate action when required;
- Mentoring their crew members and help them achieving operational excellence;
- Operating assigned equipment to achieve operational targets; and
- Promoting positivity and productivity throughout the team.
- Previous experience in a similar role in an open-cut mining environment;
- Proven ability to operate equipment and achieve production targets;
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of the team;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrating commitment to Macmahon safety culture and values; and
- Current C Class Drivers Licence.
As a part of the recruitment process for this role you may be required to complete a pre-employment medical, inclusive of laboratory drug and alcohol screen and complete a criminal history and qualification checks.
To register your interest, please click the 'Apply Now' and set up a profile in our LiveHire portal with your current CV.
- Published on 02 Jan 2020, 2:08 AM