Macmahon is currently working closely with our Alliance partner (AMNT) to source an experienced Maintenance Training Advisor who is passionate about providing technical knowledge, training and development processes while coaching / mentoring Maintenance Training personnel at the Batu Hijau project.
Residential at the project on a 5 day on / 2 day off roster, you will be working within a dedicated team to have a positive impact on the people, processes and the performance of the business. You will enjoy working within a wide and diverse team, on a variety of improvement initiatives to deliver superior solutions at Batu Hijau, Sumbawa (Indonesia).
The role of a Maintenance Training Advisor requires a forward thinking, proactive and skilled technical Maintenance trainer, to help develop, coach and implement site maintenance training materials. This role will help implement and improve on-site maintenance technical training to ensure site maintenance personnel can perform their roles in accordance with site and industry standards, as well as Macmahon, and our Alliance partners’ policies and procedures while developing and implementing continuous improvement but not limited to:
· Processes – Refine the Training Management Plan to systematise the way Maintenance Training materials structured, delivered, competency assessed.
· Technical Duties -– the delivery of quality education and training using a variety of learning environments, delivery strategies and delivery methods.
· Professional Activities – Program advice, development and maintenance of training programs and learning resources, implementation of new technologies and techniques and the identification of industry / community requirements in relation to delivery of programs.
· Activities Related to Delivery – duties that assist in the delivery of quality education and training within the program. This may include planning, preparation, marking and making professional decisions associated with the delivery and assessment of modules with the program.
· Measure – Development of key measurement metrics to provide a proactive means of measuring compliance and effectiveness.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
· Support training and assessment processes in accordance with Macmahon training standards and site-specific training plan, ensuring that all training and assessment is current and meets Alliance partners, Macmahon and legislative requirements.
· Proactively identifying system and quality deficiencies and implementing change to resolve these.
· Positively build on a proactive relationship with Mine Maintenance and the Senior Management Group
· Support the delivery of programs that meet specified learning outcomes within the range of competence.
· Work within and contribute to a team environment.
· Comply with Equal Employment Opportunity and Equal Opportunity policies and legislation requirements including actively participating to ensure a harassment free working/learning environment.
· Undertake appropriate staff development to maintain currency of knowledge and skills in areas of expertise.
· Actively out in the field for 60% of your time to ensure Maintenance training objectives are enabling safe and efficient work practices while being culturally aware and considerate.
To be successful in this role it is preferable that you possess:
· Mechanical Trade qualification
· Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
· 5 years minimum supervising experience
· Previous expatriate experience is desirable.
· Demonstrated relevant experience in site Maintenance training (preferred within the Mining Industry
· Ability to listen to people, coach mentor and support the supervision team in a calm and respectful manner
- Excellent empathy, verbal and written communication and motivational/leadership skills
This role offers the successful applicant:
- Opportunity to learn Bahas Indonesia and Indonesian Culture
- Opportunity to have a major impact within a growing business
- A competitive salary and incentive package
- Exceptional working and residential lifestyle environment in Indonesia
You will have a demonstrated ability to engage a range of employees to achieve superior positive outcomes, along with well-developed leadership skills. A sound knowledge of the domestic & international mining industry and Mine Maintenance industry leading practices.
If this challenge appeals to you, then we look forward to receiving your application.