- Job no: BJE4C
- Categories: Trades/Maintenance
Build Your Career with a Leading Mining Contractor!
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company delivering an end to end service offering to clients throughout Australia and Southeast Asia. With extensive experience in both surface and underground mining operations, Macmahon offers exciting opportunities for career growth across a range of locations and commodity sectors.
The Telfer Gold Mine is located in the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia and produces copper and gold. Macmahon commenced its operations at the Telfer mine site in February 2016 and is delivering the surface drill and blast, load and haul, mobile maintenance and rehandle mine functions.
- Permanent full-time role with a leading mining contractor
- 2 weeks on 1 week off roster flying in and out of Perth
- Short and direct Perth airport to camp travel in just 2 hours
We are currently looking for experienced Heavy Duty Diesel Fitter to join our close-knit team at Telfer on a 2 weeks on (7 dayshifts followed by 7 nightshifts), 1 week off roster flying in and out of Perth.
Reporting to Maintenance Supervisor, HDD Fitter is responsible for servicing, maintaining and repairing all mobile plant equipment on site. Daily duties include, but are not limited to:
- Carrying out scheduled servicing and providing technical support in a safe an efficient manner;
- Providing diagnostics and repairs to breakdowns on site;
- Keeping appropriate maintenance records; and
- Maintaining high level of housekeeping in your work area.
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably within mine site environment;
- Australian Recognised Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic Trade Certificate;
- Demonstrated experience working on a range of heavy duty mobile plant, including:
- CAT D10/D11 Dozers
- CAT 994 Loaders
- CAT 6060/6050 and HIT 3600 Excavator
- CAT Graders 16m/24m
- CAT 793 Dump Trucks
- Exceptional diagnostic and fault finding skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of the team;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrating commitment to Macmahon safety culture and values; and
- Current C Class Drivers Licence.
As a part of the recruitment process for this role you may be required to complete a pre-employment medical, inclusive of laboratory drug and alcohol screen and complete a criminal history and qualification checks.
To register your interest, please click the 'Apply Now' and set up a profile in our LiveHire portal with your current CV.
- Published on 27 Sep 2019, 3:24 AM