Are you looking for a challenging position with an expanding company? Our team values your support role as an important part of our growth.
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with complex projects throughout Australia and South East Asia. Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and rewarding career in mining.
The Batu Hijau Project located on Sumbawa Island is a large copper/gold mining operation located 250km east of Bali. Macmahon's mining contract is an Alliance project with PT Aman Mineral Nusa Tenggara (PT AMNT) includes all mine planning, drill and blast, load and haul, crusher feed and other associated works.
We are now seeking an experienced Technical Advisor to work at its Engine & Component Machine Shop living on site working a 5 days on 2 days off roster or alternatively fly in/fly out roster to point of hire working 20 days on and 10 days off. The Batu Hijau camp site is well appointed with SOS Medical, sports facilities (includes swimming pool, golf pit, soccer field, basket field, tennis courts and music studio), International school (for employees dependents), beautiful beaches, on site mini-mart and restaurants close by and on the beach.
The primary focus of the machine shop will be to help procure and set up an existing workshop with the correct tooling to be cable to (but no limited to) all machining requirements in regards engine and powertrain component rebuilds for a 793 Cat Dump truck. This includes (but is not limited to) crankshafts, cylinder blocks, cylinder heads, spindles, hubs and any additional machining work that could be done to suit processing plant and other mobile fleet. Once the workshop has been established the role will be responsible for establishing safe work procedures, training national workforce and ensuring quality control.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Working along national work force to ensure adherence to, Macmahon and statutory HSEQ requirements across the Maintenance area;
- Advising national supervision team to ensure maintenance operations are executed in line with alliance principles whilst ensuring risks are identified and minimized;
- Ensuring correct operating procedures and process are adopted within the workshop and training given to national work force;
- Work towards and ISO level of quality ensuring corrective actions are put in place to continually improve site quality levels;
- Establish site machine shop with the capabilities to be able to machine all sub components of a 793 Caterpillar truck. Once established, look for further opportunities to support site by increasing capabilities;
To be successful in this role it is paramount that you possess:
- 8+ years’ industry related trade experience working in a machine shop with exposure to multiple machining repair process;
- 3+ years’ experience in a leadership or training position;
- 2+ years’ experience grinding crankshafts and repairing other engine components;
- Ability to advise and motivate national maintenance teams to achieve high standards of safety and quality;
- Sound computer skills;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully with other cultures;
You will need to be a self-starter who can work unsupervised, hands on with the Indonesian national workforce.
If these challenges appeal to you, then we look forward to receiving your application.