- Job no: A8N4D
- Categories: Trades/Maintenance
Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector throughout Australia and Southeast Asia. Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
- Permanent full-time role with a leading mining contractor
- 8 days on 6 days off dayshift only roster
- Immediate start available for a right candidate
We are currently looking for an experienced and qualified Underground Drill Fitter to join our team at Olympic Dam on 8 days on 6 days off roster.
You will look after our raise drill rigs is a safe manner and in accordance to all relevant policies, procedures and regulations. Your daily duties will include:
- Carrying out scheduled servicing and providing technical support in a safe an efficient manger;
- Providing diagnostics and repairs to breakdowns on site;
- Keeping appropriate maintenance records; and
- Maintaining high level of housekeeping in your work area.
To be considered for a role, you will require:
- Previous experience in a similar role, accompanied by Australian Recognised Trade Certificate
- Previous experience working on Raise Drills such as; Herrenknecht, Robbins, Epiroc and Atlas Copco as well as Volvo IT’s;
- Extensive underground mining experience;
- Demonstrated diagnostic and fault finding skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- High regard to safety; and
- Current Drivers Licence
As a part of the recruitment process for this role you may be required to complete a pre-employment medical, inclusive of laboratory drug and alcohol screen and complete a criminal history and qualification checks.
As part of the Macmahon team you will enjoy training and upskilling from a registered RTO and competitive remuneration, as well as access to legislated remote area benefits for those living in a prescribed remote area.
To register your interest, please click the 'Apply Now' and set up a profile in our LiveHire portal with your current CV.
- Published on 29 Oct 2019, 2:38 AM