- Job no: 94A7A
- Categories: Other
Work Type: Full Time
Location: Mt Morgans
Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector throughout Australia and Asia. Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
Macmahon has been awarded in December 2017 the contract to provide surface drill and blast, load and haul and mobile maintenance functions to Dacian Gold’s Mt Morgans Project.
Dacian Gold’s Mt Morgans Project is located 20km west of Laverton, being approximately 750km northeast of Perth in Western Australia.
Macmahon is seeking for an experienced Shotfirer to work on this operation FIFO from Perth to Project Site on a 2:2 roster. You will be part of a small, high energy team so possession of multiple skill sets and licenses/qualifications will be highly regarded as they will greatly enhance your versatility within the role.
- Lead Blast crew in loading all production holes to Site requirements
- Maintain Explosive Magazine to all Site and legal requirements
- Report all lost Explosives as per Site procedure
- Maintain all Blasting records accurately and efficiently as per Legal and Site requirements
- Train blast crew to complete tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure all holes drilled are dipped and recorded before loading
- Wash and inspect Explosive vehicle as per Site requirements in preparation for maintenance
- Ensure the drill pattern is clear of equipment and rubbish before loading a new shot
- Set up and/or ensure correct Blast delineation is in place
- Perform blast guard duties when required
- Operate IT Loader as required
- Operate Roller as required
- Complete all lawful tasks assigned by Supervisor/ Leading Hand in a timely manner
- Load out patterns in an effective manner for production/firing purposes
- Complete all training requirements/ records as required
- Experience in Shotfiring
- Current WA Shotfirers License
- Australian WA Drivers licence
- Dangerous Goods Security Card
- Current National Police clearance (issued within the 6 months)
- Be able to pass a pre-employment medical with drug & alcohol testing
- Minimum 3 years experience in similar role
To be successful in this position you will enjoy
- Long Term Project Opportunity
- Opportunity to complete Cert III surface extraction
- Brand new camp facilities
- Opportunity to be a part of a Greenfields project
- Training and up skilling from a registered RTO
- Competitive remuneration
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahons' Surface Mining Division, you will be required to pass a medical and drug and alcohol test along with obtaining a National Police Clearance.
If you are interested in this position then APPLY NOW and look forward to working on this exciting operation with Macmahon.
Job Reference: MMGP/SF
- Published on 14 Oct 2019, 9:49 AM