Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with projects throughout Australia and South East Asia. Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
Macmahon have a number of exciting opportunities for skilled individuals to join the Macmahon team through an Accelerated Apprenticeship Program to achieve trade qualifications on the job within 36 months. Macmahon encourages diversity and are seeking highly motivated men and women with extensive trade skills and experience, but not necessarily a formal qualification, who are looking to complete their trade training as:
- Heavy Duty Diesel Fitter – Mobile Plant Equipment Mechanic
- Auto Electrician
These positions may initially be offered on a 5 days on / 2 days off roster based at the Perth workshop facility. To gain more experience in different commodities, projects and equipment, in later months you will be required to work at our project sites on various fly-in fly-out (FIFO) rosters.
Alternatively, for people who display the correct background and aptitude, positions may start direct-to-site on various fly-in fly-out (FIFO) rosters to gain more experience in different commodities, projects and equipment
- Members of the Australian Defence Force with trade-aligned skills
- People with other related trades, such as LV mechanics
- Workshop-based trade assistants from mining or construction backgrounds
- Someone with significant mechanical skills / experience but no formal qualifications (e.g. long-term servicepersons, skilled agriculture team members, etc.)
- Potential dual trade development for suitable candidates such as: HD fitter to Auto Electrician, or LV fitter to HD fitter
Please note, only experienced candidates will be considered for this Accelerated Apprenticeship Program as applicants must demonstrate that they have at least 40% of aligned trade skills.
The program consists of two stages:
Stage1 - Recognition of Prior Learning
A formal assessment of existing trade skills through our partner Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
Stage 2 - Gap Training
Individual training plan consisting of on and off the job training
Applications must include the following:
- Cover letter expressing your interest
- An up-to-date resume
- Copies of your educational and trade qualifications as appropriate
To be successful in this position you will enjoy:
- Long-term career opportunities
- Excellent workshop facilities
- Accredited training provided by high-quality registered training organisations
Should you be successful in being offered a role with Macmahon, you will be required to pass a pre-employment medical, and drug and alcohol screening, along with obtaining a National Police Clearance.
- Applications Close: 28 February 2019
- Candidate Assessment Day: 4 April 2019
- Recognition of Prior Learning Assessment: Apr – May 2019
- Apprenticeship Commencement: 1 July 2019