- Job no: 6989M
- Categories: Trades/Maintenance
Build Your Career with a Leading Mining Contractor!
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company delivering an end to end service offering to clients throughout Australia and Southeast Asia. With extensive experience in both surface and underground mining operations, Macmahon offers exciting opportunities for career growth across a range of locations and commodity sectors.
The Telfer Gold Mine is located in the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia and produces copper and gold. Macmahon commenced its operations at the Telfer mine site in February 2016 and is delivering the surface drill and blast, load and haul, mobile maintenance and rehandle mine functions.
- Permanent full-time roles with a leading mining contractor
- 2 weeks on 1 week off roster flying in and out of Perth
- Short and direct Perth airport to camp travel in just 2 hours
We are currently looking for experienced Serviceperson to join our close-knit maintenance team at Telfer on a 2 weeks on (7 dayshifts followed by 7 nightshifts), 1 week off roster flying in and out of Perth.
Reporting to Maintenance Supervisor and working closely with our HD Fitters, Serviceperson is responsible for maintaining and servicing our mobile plant fleet on site. Daily duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting Heavy Duty Fitters to service and maintain all mobile plant either on site or in maintenance bay;
- Operating fuel truck- pull out hose reels for fuel, grease, water and oils from tray of truck (against resistance between waist and shoulder height);
- Climbing over the machinery to access and check all grease points, fluid levels and access refilling points;
- Lifting hoses up to filling points;
- Refilling fuel, oil and waters tanks on machinery; and
- Restocking fuel truck at depot.
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably within mine site environment;
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of the team;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrating commitment to Macmahon safety culture and values; and
- Current C Class Drivers Licence.
As a part of the recruitment process for this role you may be required to complete a pre-employment medical, inclusive of laboratory drug and alcohol screen and complete a criminal history and qualification checks.
To register your interest, please click the 'Apply Now' and set up a profile in our LiveHire portal with your current CV.
- Published on 09 Oct 2019, 7:54 AM