Work Type: Full Time
Location: Mt Morgans
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with projects throughout Australia and South East Asia.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
Macmahon has just been awarded the contract to provide surface drill and blast, load and haul and mobile maintenance functions to Dacian Gold’s Mt Morgans Project.
Dacian Gold’s Mt Morgans Project is located 20km west of Laverton, being approximately 750km northeast of Perth in Western Australia. Macmahon has just been awarded the contract to provide surface drill and blast, load and haul and mobile maintenance functions to the project.
Macmahon is seeking for an experienced Dewatering Operator to work on this operation FIFO from Perth to Project Site on a 2:1 roster. You will be part of a small, high energy team so possession of multiple skill sets and licenses/qualifications will be highly regarded as they will greatly enhance your versatility within the role.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor; Dewatering/Operator will be responsible for assisting the Surface Mining team by safely and efficiently dewatering the open pit mines and will be required to operate other mining equipment such as Roller, Excavator (30tn), lT Loader, Dump Trucks, Water Carts and also assist on blast crew etc.
Key Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Will be acting in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture, performance and ensures that the Macmahon’s core values are adhered at all times;
- Installing/moving and removing of poly pipelines, diesel pumping systems and associated plant (valving/control) for Open Cut Mining Operations;
- Meeting maintenance budget targets by scheduled inspections, adjustments, troubleshooting and timely repairs.
- Providing accurate dewatering knowledge and practical application to minimise down time and potential loss of production;
- Maintaining a working knowledge of all task instructions and procedures. Ensure procedures are adhered to when carrying out all tasks, assisting colleagues to do the same;
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping in and out of the workshops and other areas to ensure safe work environment and effectively managing risks;
- Demonstrating full compliance with the Participating and contributing to audits in the maintenance and production facilities.
To be considered for this position you must have;
- Experience in Dewatering Operations
- Previous experience in the mining industry; working on Caterpillar Dump Trucks 785/789 and other small to medium sized earth-moving fleets.(Desirable)
- IT experience essential;
- Completion of secondary/high school education.
- HR Class Drivers License
- Integrated Tool Handler Qualifications/Experience (Desirable)
If you would like to submit your expression of interest for this role please submit your resume outlining your skills and experience along with two current referees.
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahon’s Surface Mining Division, you will be required to pass a medical and drug and alcohol screen test.
To register your interest, please click the “Apply Now” button below to submit a current resume.
“Due to the high volume of applications, only candidates that are successful to progress to the interview stage will be contacted”