- Job no: 3BBQ3
- Categories: Other
Work Type: Full Time
Location: Mt Morgans
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with projects throughout Australia and South East Asia.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
Macmahon has been awarded in December 2017 the contract to provide surface drill and blast, load and haul and mobile maintenance functions to Dacian Gold’s Mt Morgans Project.
Dacian Gold’s Mt Morgans Project is located 20km west of Laverton, being approximately 750km northeast of Perth in Western Australia. Macmahon has just been awarded the contract to provide surface drill and blast, load and haul and mobile maintenance functions to the project.
Macmahon is seeking for an experienced Auto Electrician to work on this operation FIFO from Perth to Project Site on a 2:1 roster. You will be part of a small, high energy team so possession of multiple skill sets and licenses/qualifications will be highly regarded as they will greatly enhance your versatility within the role.
The key responsibilities include and not limited to:
- Repair and service mining equipment both in w/shop and out in field when required on breakdowns
- Complete service vehicle daily pre-start checks
- Communicate clearly and keep the Supervisor aware of the state of equipment in the mine in particular with respect to potential problem areas & downtime
- Service equipment as per service schedules supplied by Planner
- Repair equipment efficiently and consistent with the required standards of work
- Ensure that tasks allocated by supervisor are carried out efficiently and promptly
- Perform all tasks and duties in accordance with established work procedures, work instructions, guidelines and statutory requirements
- Wear and maintain correct personal protective equipment
- Report accidents, incidents and hazards using correct procedures
- Inspect work area and equipment for hazards, damage and defects prior to commencing work
- Ensure work area is maintained according to correct housekeeping and environmental procedures
- Attend and contribute at regular safety and toolbox meetings
- Take appropriate action in the case of an emergency
- Identify the safest, most effective and efficient methods of work
- Report any environmental incidents as soon as possible and assist as directed in all clean-up and containment activities
- Ensure all materials are used and all waste is disposed of in the environmentally approved manner
- Read and understand work instructions and permits and adhere to them at all times
- Complete JSA/THA when required
- Make use of workshop manuals/operation manuals when required
- Ensure that a clear hand-over is completed with cross-shift
To be successful in this position you must have;
- Worked on Large CAT Surface Mobile Mining Equipment (Dump Truck - CAT 785/789; Dozer - CAT D10T/D11T; Grader - CAT 16H; Digger - Hitachi EX2600 or larger machines)
- OHS Training
- Trade qualifications relevant to mining equipment maintenance
- Complete & understand all relevant work instruction
- Machinery tramming tickets – ALL
- Be available for extra training (i.e. Dogman, Rigging etc.)
- Extensive Maintenance Experience
- Current Drivers License
To be successful in this position you will enjoy
- Long Term Project opportunity
- Excellent camp facilities
- Training and upskilling from a registered RTO
- Competitive remuneration
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahons' Surface Mining Division, you will be required to pass a medical and drug and alcohol test along with obtaining a National Police Clearance.
As part of the application process you will be asked to provide details of your level of machine specific diagnosis and repair competency, together with any machine specific OEM training completed.
If you are interested in this position then APPLY NOW and look forward to working on this exciting operation with Macmahon.
Job Reference: MMGP/AE
- Published on 20 Nov 2019, 2:58 AM