Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with projects throughout Australia and in New Zealand, Asia, Mongolia and Africa.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
Macmahon is currently seeking experienced HD Mechanics (Engine Rebuilds) to join the Macmahon team at the central WAC Workshop based in Perth. These positions will be on a 5 days on / 2 days off roster. You will be part of a small, high energy team so possession of multiple skill sets and licenses/qualifications will be highly regarded as they will greatly enhance your versatility within the role.
To be considered for this position you must have;
- Australian recognised Trade Certificate
- Proven experience in the repairs and maintenance of heavy earthmoving equipment engines, specifically CAT 3500, CAT 27/32, CAT C175 and other smaller CAT engines
- Other manufacturer's engine experience would be an advantage
- Proven experience with a variety of CAT machinery, including dump trucks, wheel loaders, dozers and graders
- Experience with major components including final drives, differentials, transmissions, torque converters, minor components including hydraulics
- Dedicated commitment to safety and quality assurance
- Exceptional diagnostic and troubleshooting / interpretive skills
- Previous experience in the mining industry or large scale operations;
- Physically fit for the demands of the role;
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahons' Surface Mining Division, you will be required to pass a medical and drug and alcohol test along with obtaining a National Police Clearance.
If you are interested in this position then APPLY NOW and look forward to working on this exciting operation with Macmahon