Maintenance Supervisors and Leading Hands – Perth Workshop
With a number of Surface Mining operations now in Western Australia, Macmahon is currently seeking Expressions of Interest from experienced Maintenance Supervisors and Leading Hands to join the future Macmahon WA team. These positions will be targeted to develop a pipeline of talent to fill future supervisory roles across the business. Macmahon is committed to attracting high potential employees and believe that our people define our competitive edge in the market place, driving our growth.
You will be part of high energy teams with an opportunity to work beside the best people in the industry where you can obtain personal and professional development in an environment which is challenging and rewarding, These positions will be responsible for overseeing the day to day maintenance requirements of a wide range of plant fleet and equipment, and offer opportunities to move between operations to broaden your horizons.
Key accountabilities of the role include the following:
- Ensuring a safe workplace is maintained and personnel are trained/competent
- Ensure safe working procedures and practices are in place and adhered to
- Leading a team of maintenance personnel to achieve component rebuild requirements as planned for the workshop
- Provide technical guidance to Maintenance personnel for component rebuild and repairs
- Ensure business process are adhered to at all times
- Ensuring accurate recording of all maintenance activities
- Development and mentoring of maintenance personnel and apprentices
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities leading to safer workplaces, increased productivity and increased efficiencies
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A strong commitment to safety and excellent communication skills across all levels
- Previous experience within a component rebuild workshop, or large equipment repairs and overhauls
- Background and technical knowledge of a range of equipment, including Caterpillar, Hitachi and Komatsu equipment, with a sound knowledge of major component rebuilds
- Australian recognised Trade Certificate
- Previous supervisor experience preferred but not essential.
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahon's Surface Mining Division, you will be required to pass a medical and drug and alcohol test along with obtaining a National Police Clearance.
If you are interested in a future role at Macmahon then APPLY NOW