Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with complex projects throughout Australia and South East Asia.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and rewarding career in mining.
Macmahon is currently working closely with our client (AMNT) on an exciting Project Engineer – Improvement opportunity for a degree qualified and experienced Project Engineer who is passionate about providing technical and people change management skills to AMNT at the Batu Hijau project.
Residential at the project on a 5 day on / 2 day off roster, or FIFO on a 3 week on / 1 week off roster, you will be working within a dedicated team to have an impact on the people, equipment and assets across the project. You will enjoy working with a wide range of people, on a variety of improvement projects to deliver superior solutions at Batu Hijau.
The primary focus of the role is to identify, assess, create and drive tangible and intangible value initiatives and take holistic ownership for a value creation register designed to monitor and track continuous improvement. “Improvement” covers people capabilities, process effectiveness and innovation / tools for the business to achieve its safety, cultural awareness and other strategic imperatives via operational excellence across the AMNT business.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Drive continuous business improvement, lead change management initiatives and identification of growth opportunities
- Act as an important change agent and core driver of change within the business through influencing and collaboration with key functional heads to ensure that the organisation understands and works with the business effectively
- Liaising between the value creation projects' team leaders/owners and creating power point presentations in a format suitable to be presented to the AMNT executive management team
- Assisting with planning & coordination of projects, monitoring of progress against timelines and budgets, facilitating weekly meetings, weekly and monthly reporting
- Evaluation and reporting on economic benefits of projects
- Work closely with the Leadership Team to critically review the value creation activities across the AMNT operations
- Use appropriate operational excellence methodologies and tools to assist in the identification and resolution of problems throughout the operations
- Identify opportunities to optimise performance and productivity across the business groups, ensuring performance improvements are implemented as required and in a timely manner
- Critically assess and continually review the way in which value creation is delivered
- Lead cross functional teams across the organisation, delivering projects on time and within budget
- Provide on-going support and feedback, formulate and communicate drivers for positive change
- Successfully drive training and development programs targeting operational excellence that will enhance value creation across the business
- Build relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of the company, and engage with key stakeholders to identify, prioritise and select value creation opportunities that align with organisational priorities
- Use effective process management and improvement tools to deliver value creation
- Build operational excellence culture by efficiently coaching, mentoring and leading others (i.e. train the operational trainers)
To be successful in this role it is paramount that you possess:
- Degree qualified in an Engineering Discipline (mandatory)
- Demonstrated relevant experience in site Operations (preferred within the Oil/Gas/Mineral Processing sectors)
- Highly developed research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong financial and commercial acumen with demonstrated cost and project/schedule management experience.
- Lean/Six Sigma exposure - preferred experience with a world-class operations business
- Demonstrated experience in concurrently managing multiple projects with a proven track record in delivering successful programmes
- Ability to listen to people, coach and support stakeholders concerns
- Excellent empathy, verbal and written communication and motivational/leadership skills
This role offers the successful applicant:
- Opportunity to have a major impact within a growing business
- A competitive salary and incentive package
- Development opportunities within AMNT
- Exceptional working and residential lifestyle environment in Indonesia
You will have a demonstrated ability to engage clients and stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes, along with well-developed leadership skills. A sound knowledge of the domestic & international mining industry and markets will be highly desirable.
If these challenges appeal to you, then we look forward to receiving your application