Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with complex projects throughout Australia and South East Asia.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and rewarding career in mining.
The Telfer Gold Mine site, located in the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia, produces copper and gold. Macmahon commenced its operations at the Telfer mine site in February 2016 and is delivering the surface drill and blast, load and haul, mobile maintenance and re-handle mine functions.
We are currently seeking a VIU Engineer (Business Improvement Engineer) to lead early identification strategies and investigate opportunities for continuous improvement initiatives. Macmahon is committed to attracting high potential employees and believe that our people define our competitive edge in the market place, driving our growth. This role is FIFO from Perth on an 8/6 roster.
You will work closely with the client to ensure leading practice and performance in carrying out the open pit mining services. You will enjoy a fast-paced working environment and have a direct impact on the success of the Telfer project.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Identify, develop and execute VIU (Value in Use) projects which seek to provide real and sustainable value to the project.
- Identify, lead and develop business improvement initiatives.
- Provide support to the production engineering team
- Reporting and analysis of VIU progress
To be successful in this position you must have/be:
- Vulcan proficiency
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office Systems
- Sound knowledge and experience of technical and operational aspects of hard rock, open pit gold mines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience in a similar technical role driving business improvement
- At least 5 years working at remote mine sites
- Highly developed time management, written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor of Mining Engineering of equivalent
- Current Drivers licence
If successful, you will enjoy:
- Long Term Career Prospects
- Working in a safe and efficient operation
- Excellent health and wellbeing camp facilities including; 24 hour gym, outdoor gym, golf driving range, tennis and basketball courts, lawn balls, indoor squash court, football oval & cricket nets
- Competitive remuneration
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahon's Surface Mining Division, you will be required to pass a pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol test along with obtaining a National Police Certificate.