Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with complex projects throughout Australia and South East Asia.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and rewarding career in mining.
The Tropicana Gold Project is a large gold mining operation located 330km north-east of Kalgoorlie, on the edge of Western Australia's Great Victoria Desert. Macmahon's 10 year mining contract includes all mine planning, drill and blast, load and haul, crusher feed and other associated works. Macmahon currently has a rare opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to lead our Tropicana project team on a FIFO arrangement, to and from Perth, on a 5:2, 4:3 roster.
You will be passionate about providing technical and people leadership to the Tropicana project team, working with a dedicated leadership team to have an impact on the people, plant and equipment across the project. You will enjoy working with a wide range of people to deliver superior mining services to our client.
We are looking for innovative change leader with a bias for action and a drive to deliver results. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Apply effective Alliance-style contract management to ensure operations are executed in line with contract and client requirements, whilst ensuring financial outcomes are maximised and risks are minimized;
- Develop, manage and control operating and capital budgets;
- Direct, manage and control manning activities;
- Promote safety and environmental awareness to all employees;
- Provide technical engineering and management expertise;
- Champion Macmahon values to ensure they are firmly embedded in the project culture;
- Build strong internal and external customer focused culture and practices to deliver positive project results;
- Build a competent, engaged and performance driven workforce and provide appropriate development opportunities to build internal capability;
- Stay abreast of new technology and opportunities that improve production, quality, cost, safety and environmental performance;
- Drive continuous improvement and identification of growth opportunities across the business
To be successful in this role it is paramount that you possess:
- 10+ years’ experience in senior mining leadership roles
- Quarry Managers ticket
- Ability to lead and motivate large teams to demand high standards of safety and operational performance;
- Strong contract management experience with particular focus on effective delivery to clients;
- Implementation of Mining Statutory Compliance (HSEQ, Mines Regs, Worksafe, etc.).
This role offers the successful applicant:
- Opportunity to have a major impact within a growing business
- A competitive salary and incentive package
- Development opportunities across the project portfolio
- Exceptional working environment
You will have a demonstrated ability to engage clients and stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes, along with well-developed leadership skills. A sound knowledge of the domestic & international mining industry and markets will be highly desirable.
If these challenges appeal to you, then we look forward to receiving your application.