Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with projects throughout Australia and South East Asia
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
Macmahon Contractors is seeking an Apprentice Master join our expanding team to provide mentoring and technical support to our apprentices.
Macmahon's Apprenticeship Program encompasses the following trades:
- Heavy duty mechanic
- Boilermaker / Welder
- Auto electrician
During their first and second year, apprentices are based in our Perth Workshop facility near Perth Airport and in their third and fourth years rotate across our various projects.
This role presents a great opportunity for an innovative leader to develop the next generation of Macmahon trades people, ensuring our apprentices reach their full potential, becoming the future leaders of our business.
In this role, you will be:
- Mentoring and coaching apprentices
- Communicating, liaising and engaging with Corporate and site-based staff at all levels
- Monitoring apprentices’ progress for their on and off the job training, ensuring their skills are being adequately developed
- Developing and monitoring training plans, identifying training requirements and organising training activities as required
- Fostering a culture of continuous learning and coaching our Maintenance supervisors and leading hands with correct task allocation and instruction of job steps suitable for apprentices
For this role, you will require:
- A relevant engineering trade or degree qualification
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Strong technical background in plant maintenance
- The ability to identify and mentor future talent
- Strong proven safety performance record
- A current "HR” class driver’s license
- High-Risk Work Licences such as LF, EWP, DG etc.
- Previous supervisory experience within the mining industry
It would also be of benefit to have
- Experience with mining mobile plant equipment
- Accreditation as a Work Safe Assessor
- Understanding of the Australian VET sector