Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with complex projects throughout Australia, Asia, and Africa.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and rewarding career in mining.
Macmahon is currently seeking a Logistics Coordinator to join our professional Procurement team, reporting directly to the Supply Manager, you will be responsible for managing and co-ordinating the safe and efficient transportation of Macmahon fleet and International freight requirements, ensuring competitive pricing and fit for purpose quotes while adhering to Macmahon Policies, Procedures and applicable state and federal laws. This role is a full time position based at our head office near the Perth International Airport.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Plan and coordinate heavy haulage Domestic and International shipments
- Ensure processes and systems are in place that allow accurate reporting and analysis
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships including sites, head office departments and key suppliers
- Ensure correct procurement processes are followed
- Coordinate with Transporters and Sites, re OHS and Access requirements for different destinations
- Live the company values of safety, prosperity, teamwork, integrity and environment
Preferred qualities/experience to succeed in the role:
- A reasonable knowledge of earthmoving and mining Equipment
- Fair / good knowledge of the MRDWA and interstate Permit systems and the Chain of responsibility
- Able to source and provide detailed Packing Lists with dimensions and weights on the breakdown of mining and construction equipment to be transported
- Able to check quote information provided by Transporters, in regards to trailers being used and their suitability to meet MRDWA and other requirements (Again this is part of the COR Chain of Responsibility)
- Some back ground experience in Heavy Haulage.
- Being able to set reasonable delivery schedules for Heavy Haulage transport, knowledge of Curfews / Fatigue requirements etc.
- Experience with procurement within the mining industry
- A reasonable understanding of Lashing requirements
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills
- Ability to negotiate/resolve conflict
- Strong organisational ability
- Strong time management
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Problem solving and analytical
- Advanced Microsoft office skills
- High level of interpersonal skills
The successful applicant will enjoy the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- Exceptional working environment
- A permanent position within the driven, committed Macmahon organisation
If you have the experience and qualities to add value to the Macmahon Procurement Team, we welcome you to please click APPLY.