Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector throughout Australia and in South East Asia and Africa. Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
The Tropicana Gold Project is a large gold mining operation located 330km north-east of Kalgoorlie, on the edge of Western Australia's Great Victoria Desert. Macmahon 10-year mining contract includes all mine planning, drill and blast, load and haul, crusher feed and other associated works.
Macmahon is currently seeking an experienced Digger Fitter with exceptional experience with excavators to join the Macmahon Tropicana team. The position will be on a continuous day and night 14-day Shifts on and 7-day Shifts off roster, flying from Perth. You will be part of a small, high energy team so possession of multiple skill sets and licenses/qualifications will be highly regarded as they will greatly enhance your versatility within the role.
To be considered for this position you MUST have;
- Australian recognised Trade Certificate;
- Proven experience in the repairs and maintenance of heavy earth-moving equipment, specifically Caterpillar (CAT 6040, 6050, 6060) & Hitachi (EX1200, 2500, 3600) Excavators;
- Dedicated commitment to safety and quality assurance;
- Exceptional diagnostic and troubleshooting/interpretive skills;
- Physically fit for the demands of the role;
Qualifications below are most desirable for this role;
- Australian recognized ticket in air-conditioning and refrigeration maintenance
- Possess a manual HR class driver’s license
To be successful in this position you will enjoy
- Long term project opportunity;
- Excellent camp facilities;
- Working in a safe and efficient operation;
- Training and upskilling opportunities;
- Competitive remuneration;
As part of the application process, you will be asked to provide details of your level of machine specific diagnosis and repair competency, together with any machine specific OEM training completed.
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahons’ Surface Mining Division, you will be required to pass a medical and drug and alcohol test along with obtaining a National Police Clearance.
If you are interested in this position then APPLY NOW and look forward to your application.