Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with complex projects throughout Australia and South East Asia.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and rewarding career in mining.
Macmahon is currently seeking a Sourcing Officer to join our professional Procurement team, reporting directly to the Supply Manager, you will be responsible for delivering end to end sourcing projects and the award of contracts with the lowest total cost of ownership focusing directly on Maintenance Repair Operations.
Using your determination, hard work, intelligence and skills, you will focus on understanding key business drivers and build relationships across the wider business to maximise value add. You will also focus on increasing shareholder value and efficiencies across the organisation by leading cost savings.
This role is a full time position based at our head office near the Perth International Airport.
Key Responsibilities (not be limited to):
- Initiate and lead Category/Sourcing projects within MRO (Maintenance repair operations) category, with input from internal stakeholders, where significant potential savings have been identified.
- Present proposed sourcing methodology and savings opportunities to Senior Managers for endorsement.
- Conduct RFP/tender and commercial negotiations on behalf of the company ensuring commercially sensitive/market information is maintained and reviewed regularly with all suppliers.
- Recommend suppliers for contract award based on best total cost of ownership in accordance with Macmahon’s policies and procedures ensuring site/business/client specifications are met.
- Execute contract award ensuring legal sign off and change management requirements are planned and fulfilled.
- Ensure processes and systems are in place that allow accurate category and sub-category reporting analysis.
- Regularly review category trends and demands to identify sourcing opportunities
- Ensure supplier spend reports are reviewed and distributed to the relevant stakeholders
- Live the company values of safety, prosperity, teamwork, integrity and environment
- Solid experience in Procurement and Supply Chain management within the Mining Industry Strong commercial acumen
- High attention to detail
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills
- Ability to negotiate/resolve conflict
- Ability to influence/improve procurement practices across Macmahon
- Strong organisational ability
- Exceptional time management
- Ability to work autonomously
- Problem solving and analytical
- Advanced Microsoft office skills
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Mainpac, AX Dynamics and Cheops software knowledge
The successful applicant will enjoy the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- Exceptional working environment
- A permanent position within the driven, committed Macmahon organisation
If you have the experience and qualities to add value to the Macmahon Procurement Team, we welcome you to please click APPLY.