Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector throughout Australia and South East Asia. Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
Macmahon is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced Storepersons to join the Perth Workshop team based near the Perth International Airport. The purpose of this role is to carry out daily warehouse duties, including the daily distribution of stock to the sites in a safe and efficient manner.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining high levels of housekeeping in the warehouse and associated yard
- Maintaining accurate records of all inventory transactions and stock levels
- Loading and unloading of parts and consumables for inbound and outbound freight
- Issuing, returning and data entering of stock within the Inventory Management System
- Undertaking regular stock takes and stock level adjustments
- Ensuring storage and care of all inventory in a safe and efficient manner
- Investigating inventory discrepancies and documenting stock movements
To be considered for this position, you will have had previous stores/inventory management experience within a mining or heavy industrial environment. Strong computer skills and experience with CMMS and supplier parts ordering systems, along with current forklift ticket and HR licence is also required. The ability to interpret maintenance parts as well as knowledge of other mine site consumables will be well regarded.
If successful you will enjoy:
- Long-term career prospects
- Working in a safe and efficient operation
- Training and upskilling from a registered RTO
- Competitive remuneration
Successful applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment medical which includes a drug and alcohol screen and provide an acceptable police certificate.