Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering an end to end service offering to clients throughout Australia and South East Asia. Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
Over the past 18 months Macmahon has worked hard to enhance our underground service offering and we are currently pursuing an opportunity with CBH Resources Limited at their Endeavor mine. The project is an underground zinc, lead and silver mine located near Cobar in NSW that is expected to commence in February 2018.
The Macmahon Underground team is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced HSEQ Advisors for a role located outside Cobar in regional New South Wales. This is a 'hands on' position working 7:7 roster reporting to the Project Manager.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Provide a high degree of safety and health support and advice to the operational departments of the site
- Assist with the overall implementation of safety systems, strategies & initiatives
- Provide facilitation, assistance and guidance in incident investigations, HSE meetings, safety inspections of equipment and work practices on the site
- Assist in maintaining the HSEQ and training management systems on site
- Participate in high level incident and accident investigations as required, including incident reports
- Ensure compliance with WHS regulations as well as company policies and procedures
- Safety and training administration, accurate data entry and record keeping
- Lead, facilitate and participate in risk management processes for the Mine Site
- End of month reporting
- Assist in site Drug and Alcohol testing programs
To be successful you will have the following stills and experience
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Certificate IV WHS
- Minimum 3 years experience in similar role within Underground environment
- Strong organisation and computer literacy
- Working knowledge of the mines safety inspection act
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in HSEQ management systems such as INCONTROL (Desirable)
- Qualification in incident investigation such as ICAM
- Current "C" Class Western Australian Drivers Licence or equivalent
- A ‘can do’ attitude with a strong desire to succeed in the role and a passion for health, safety, environment and community
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and engagement skills
Committed to working within a culture driven by safety and operating discipline, you will have strong teamwork and interpersonal skills. As part of the Macmahon team you will enjoy training and upskilling from a registered RTO and competitive remuneration, as well as access to legislated remote area benefits for those living in a prescribed remote area.
In addition to understanding operational safety requirements and legislation, you will be a proactive individual with a strong capability of communicating with a variety of stakeholders.
Coupled with a lifestyle balanced 7/7 roster, the role attracts a competitive remuneration package and is well supported by the executive management team to continue to drive our safety standards forward.
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahon’s Underground Mining Division, you will be required to pass a Pre employment medical and drug and alcohol screen.
If you are interested in this position then APPLY NOW and look forward to working on this exciting operation with Macmahon.