Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with complex projects throughout Australia and South East Asia.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and rewarding career in mining.
Macmahon is currently seeking a Regional Maintenance Manager who is passionate about providing technical and people leadership to the surface maintenance teams across Australia. Based at our office near the Perth Airport, with regular travel to our portfolio of projects, you will be working within a dedicated team to have an impact on the vast range of plant and equipment throughout the business. You will enjoy working with a wide range of people, on a variety of projects to deliver a superior maintenance service.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Ensures implementation of, and adherence to, Macmahon and statutory HSEQ requirements across the Maintenance area
- Champions Macmahon values to ensure they are firmly embedded in the operating maintenance team culture
- Applies effective contract management to ensure maintenance operations are executed in line with contract and client requirements, whilst ensuring financial outcomes are maximised and risks are minimised
- Builds strong internal and external customer focused culture and practices within the maintenance area to deliver positive project results
- Builds a competent, engaged and performance driven maintenance workforce and provides appropriate development opportunities to build internal capability
- Drives continuous improvement and identification of growth opportunities across the business
To be successful in this role it is paramount that you possess:
- 5+ years experience in a senior maintenance leadership role within the mining industry
- Ability to lead and motivate large maintenance teams to demand high standards of safety and maintenance performance;
- Proven record of overseeing effective plant and equipment maintenance processes within a contract mining environment;
- Strong contract management experience with particular focus on effective delivery to clients;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Preferably a degree or post-trade qualification.
- Strong quantitative and numeric skills – must “know the numbers” across multiple projects
- Intermediate knowledge on plant operation diagnostic tools
- Intermediate knowledge of product technical enhancement
- Basic knowledge of plant maintenance planning software/hardware skills
This role offers the successful applicant:
- A competitive salary
- Ongoing training and development with a registered RTO
- Development opportunities within a growing business
- Exceptional working environment
You will have a demonstrated ability to engage clients and stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes, along with well-developed leadership skills. A sound knowledge of the domestic & international mining industry and markets will be highly desirable.
If these challenges appeal to you, then we look forward to receiving your application