Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with projects throughout Australia and South East Asia.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
Macmahon is seeking applications from experienced Production Leading Hands to work on this operation FIFO from Perth to Project Site on a 2/1 roster.
The key responsibilities include and not limited to:
- Assist the Production Supervisor to effectively implement daily work plans and clearly communicate the plan to employees
- Assist the Production Supervisor to effectively allocate resources, including people, equipment and materials, to meet safety and operational requirements
- Inspect work areas to ensure they meet the required safety and operational standards for site and take appropriate action when required
- Communicate clearly and effectively with employees
- Operate assigned equipment to achieve operational targets
- Promote positivity and productivity throughout the team
To be successful in this position you will ideally have;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a mining environment
- Leadership experience
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
- Demonstrated operational discipline
- Demonstrated ability to operate equipment to achieve production targets
- Work independently and within a team when required
- People management experience
- Professional, positive interpersonal and communication skills
- Current Drivers Licence (manual)
- Cert III in Surface Extraction (preferred)
- Cert IV in Frontline Management (preferred)
If successful in this position you will enjoy
- Permanent employment opportunity
- Excellent health and wellbeing camp facilities including; 24 hour gym, outdoor gym, golf driving range, tennis and basketball courts, lawn balls, indoor squash court, football oval & cricket nets
- Invaluable exposure to a variety of Heavy Duty Mining Machinery
- Permanent room allocation
- Simple travel – fly direct to camp!
- Nationally recognised training and upskilling opportunities
- Competitive remuneration
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahon’s Surface Mining Division, you will be required to pass a medical and drug and alcohol test along with obtaining a National Police Certificate.
If you are interested in this position then APPLY NOW and look forward to your application.