Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector throughout Australia and Asia.
An ASX listed company; Macmahon’s diverse and comprehensive capabilities provide an end to end service offering to its mining and engineering clients.
Macmahon’s extensive experience in both surface and underground mining has established the Company as the contractor of choice for resources projects across a range of locations and commodity sectors.
With an international footprint, Macmahon’s reputation for outstanding teamwork, integrity and commitment to the environment is underpinned by the Company’s core value – safety.
Reporting to the Finance Manager your responsibilities include but are not be limited to:
- Assist with the Statutory Financial Accounts and Audit Procedures;
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, including all intercompany loans balances;
- Assist with accounting technical papers:
- Assist with the accurate and correcting accounting of property plant and equipment:
- Journal preparation and input;
- Preparation of the Corporate and Group Overheads for the monthly board report;
- Assist the Senior Accountants with monthly executive and board reporting tasks;
- Liaise with external auditors as required;
- Ad hoc tasks as required.
To be successful in this position, it is essential that you possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor of Commerce
- 5 years’ experience accounting experience
- Either post graduate experience in a similar role or in an accounting firm
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills