Macmahon has a 10 year mining contract for the Tropicana Gold Project, a joint venture between AngloGold Ashanti Pty Ltd (70%) and Independence Group NL (30%).
The project is located on a greenfields site 330km north-east of Kalgoorlie. Mining operations commenced in mid-2012, with the scope of work including mine planning, drill and blast, load and haul, crusher feed and other associated works.
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced HSEQ Advisor to join the HSEQ team at Tropicana Gold. You will be responsible for providing advice, support and services to the operational departments in the application of OHS practices.
Reporting to the Site Safety Superintendent and Project Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Providing a high degree of safety and health support and advice to the operational departments of the site
- Assist with the overall implementation of safety systems, strategies & initiatives
- Providing facilitation, assistance and guidance in incident investigations, HSE meetings, safety inspections of equipment and work practices on the site.
- Assist in maintaining the HSEQ management systems on site
- Participate in High level incidents and accident investigations as required, including incident reports
- Ensuring compliance with OHS regulations as well as company policies and procedures
- Safety administration, accurate data entry and RMSS
- Leading, facilitating and participating in risk management processes for the Mine Site
- Assist in Drug and Alcohol testing
To be successful you will have the following stills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field
- Strong organisation and computer literacy
- Demonstrated experience as an OHS Practitioner, ideally within the resources industry
- Working knowledge of the mines safety inspection act
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in HSEQ management systems such as INCONTROL
- Qualification in incident investigation such as ICAM
- Current "C" Class Western Australian Drivers Licence or equivalent
- A 'can do' attitude with a strong desire to succeed in the role and a passion for health, safety, environment and community
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and engagement skills
- Ability to pass a GSDU
In addition to understanding operational safety requirements and legislation, you will be a proactive individual with a strong capability of communicating with a variety of stakeholders.
Coupled with a lifestyle balanced 8/6 FIFO roster, the role attracts a very competitive remuneration package and is well supported by the executive management team to continue to drive our safety standards forward.
To register your application please select "Apply" on this screen.