Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with complex projects throughout Australia and Sth East Asia.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and rewarding career in mining.
Macmahon is currently seeking a Plant tendering specialist who is passionate about developing business by delivering their technical expertise into our tendering processes. Based at our office near the Perth Airport, you will be working with a team of passionate and committed engineers to have an impact on the success of tenders and the future of the organization. You will enjoy being driven and client focused whilst working on a variety of projects within a diverse range of commodities.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Provide high quality tender documentation and ensure the Plant component proposal meets client / bid specifications
- Identify risks associated with Plant tender submissions
- Create high level presentations when required
- Data compilation and reporting of equipment metrics
- Assist with contract negotiations and approvals where possible
- Ad-hoc travel to sites to provide technical input related to mobile plant
- Live the company values of safety, prosperity, teamwork, integrity and environment
To be successful in this role it is paramount that you possess:
- Qualification in Engineering / Maintenance or related fields, or strong mobile equipment maintenance background (eg planner, scheduler or HD fitter)
- Knowledge and working experience of mining operations (both surface and underground)
- Working experience in maintenance facilities / projects
- 3+ years’ experience in preparing mining mobile plant and maintenance infrastructure cost estimates from first principles is desirable but not essential
- Demonstrable experience working to tight deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience with estimating software – highly desirable.
- A proven track record of successful tendering and estimating
- Sound knowledge of financial modelling including revenue and cost components, profitability, return on investment and other general economic parameters such as EBIT, NPV, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This vacancy offers the successful applicant:
- A competitive salary
- Ongoing training and development with a registered RTO
- Exceptional working environment
- Variety and exposure to high profile Clients
If the challenges of this role appeal to you, then we look forward to receiving your application