Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering an end to end service offering to clients throughout Australia and in New Zealand, South East Asia, Mongolia and Africa.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
The Tropicana Gold Project is a large gold mining operation located 330km north-east of Kalgoorlie, on the edge of Western Australia's Great Victoria Desert. Macmahon's 10 year mining contract includes all mine planning, drill and blast, load and haul, crusher feed and other associated works.
Macmahon are now seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced Boilermaker to join the site Mobile Maintenance team. Working on a 2:1 roster basis.
Key Requirements are:
- Complete assigned work in a safe & timely manner
- Complete necessary paperwork & computer history notes for work orders daily
- Participate in fault finding and failure diagnosis as required
- Experience in FLUX CORE, ARC, OXY, MIG AIR ARC GOUGING
- Ensure workmanship is maintained to a high standard in accordance with trade competencies established in work procedures
- Actively participate in conditioning monitoring & business improvement programs
- Communicate with your Leading Hand to ensure all appropriate tooling and equipment are available to effectively execute your work
- Ensure any incomplete work is well communicated to the next shift at hand over
- Assist other trades with their work when required
- Strive to meet department KPI’s & equipment availability targets
- High Risk Tickets – Elevated Work Platform, Working at Heights & Forklift
The ideal candidate, should have:
- Proven experience in the fabrication, repairs and maintenance of Large CAT Surface Mobile Mining Equipment (Dump Truck - CAT 793F; Dozer - CAT D10T/D11T; Grader - CAT 16M/24M; Digger - CAT 6040, 6050, 6060/Hitachi 1900, 2500, 3600)
- Australian Recognised Trade Cert
- Valid Australian HR licence
- National Police Clearance
- Dedicated commitment to safety and quality assurance
If successful you will enjoy:
- Long-term career prospects;
- Simple transport from airport to site;
- Working in a safe and efficient operation;
- Training and upskilling opportunities;
- Competitive remuneration;
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahons' Surface Mining Division, you will be required to pass a medical and drug and alcohol test along with obtaining a National Police Clearance.
As part of the application process you will be asked to provide details of your level of machine specific diagnosis and repair competency, together with any machine specific OEM training completed.
If you are interested in this position then APPLY NOW and look forward to working on this exciting operation with Macmahon.