Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with complex projects throughout Australia and South East Asia
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
The Telfer Gold Mine site, located in the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia, produces copper and gold. Macmahon began its operations at the Telfer mine site in February 2016 and is delivering the surface drill and blast, load and haul, mobile maintenance and rehandle mine functions.
Macmahon now have requirements for a suitably qualified and experienced Maintenance Leading Hand to join the team. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this position will be responsible for overseeing the day to day maintenance requirements of a wide range of plant fleet and equipment.
To be successful in this position you must be able to demonstrate the following skills;
- Organise resources, provide technical advice, leadership and direction to workshop crew
- Ensure staff have optimum workloads available as well as hands-on training for safe and efficient performance
- Identify parts and materials required for daily maintenance activities
- Manage maintenance and rebuild practices as well as the condition of the workplace to company and industry standards
- Have a proactive hands on focus in all aspects of Maintenance execution tasks
- Promote and engage in effective communication across all parts of the business
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Considerable experience within a heavy mobile equipment mining environment
- Supervisory or team leader experience
- A relevant mechanical trade certificate
- Advanced machinery trouble shooting and diagnostic skills Computer literacy and excellent communication and organisational skills
- A team-oriented, training and safety focus
- Exposure and sound knowledge of Caterpillar mining equipment would be an advantage
If successful in this position you will enjoy
- Permanent employment opportunity
- Excellent health and wellbeing camp facilities including; 24 hour gym, outdoor gym, golf driving range, tennis and basketball courts, lawn balls, indoor squash court, football oval & cricket nets
- Permanent room allocation
- Simple travel – fly direct to camp!
- Training and upskilling opportunities from a Registered Training Organisation
- Competitive remuneration
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahon’s Surface Mining Division, you will be required to pass a medical and drug and alcohol test along with obtaining a National Police Certificate.
If you are interested in this position then please APPLY NOW