Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with complex projects throughout Australia and Asia.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and rewarding career in mining.
Macmahon is currently seeking a seasoned estimator who is passionate about developing business by delivering their technical expertise into our tendering processes. Based at our office near the Perth Airport, you will be working with a team of passionate and committed engineers to have an impact on the success of tenders and the future of the organization. You will enjoy being driven and client focused whilst working on a variety of projects within a diverse range of commodities.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Provide high quality tender documentation and ensure complete proposal meets client / bid specifications
- Identify risks associated with potential tender submissions
- Create high level presentations when required as per client requirements
- Ongoing technical and commercial support to existing contracts
- Research and application of continuous business improvements
- Data compilation and reporting of equipment and project metrics
- Assist with contract negotiations and approvals where possible
- Ad-hoc travel to sites to provide technical input
- On-going research within the Mining Industry
- Live the company values of safety, prosperity, teamwork, integrity and environment
To be successful in this role it is paramount that you possess:
- Bachelor of Mining Engineering or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Vulcan, Surpac or similar
- 5+ years estimating experience in a mining contracting environment
- A demonstrated ability to produce high quality tenders
- Knowledge and experience of surface and underground mining methods and equipment.
- A proven track record of successful tendering and estimating
- Sound knowledge of financial modelling including revenue and cost components, profitability, return on investment and other general economic parameters such as EBIT, NPV, etc.
- Excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills
This vacancy offers the successful applicant:
- A competitive salary
- Ongoing training and development with a registered RTO
- Exceptional working environment
- Variety and exposure to high profile Clients
You will have a demonstrated ability to engage clients and stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes. If the challenges of this role appeal to you, then we look forward to receiving your application.