Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector throughout Australia and South East Asia. Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
The Telfer Gold Mine site, located in the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia, produces copper and gold. Macmahon began its operations at the Telfer mine site in February 2016 and is delivering the surface drill and blast, load and haul, mobile maintenance and rehandle mine functions.
Macmahon is currently seeking experienced a Light Vehicle Fitter to join the Macmahon Telfer team. This position will be on a continuous day and night 14 Shifts on and 7 Shifts off roster, flying from Perth. You will be part of a small, highly energetic team so possession of multiple skill sets and licenses/qualifications will be highly regarded as they will greatly enhance your versatility within the role.
To be considered for this position you MUST have;
- Australian recognised Trade Certificate
- Proven experience in the repairs and maintenance of light vehicles
- Dedicated commitment to safety and quality assurance
- Exceptional diagnostic and troubleshooting/interpretive skills
- Physical fitness in line with the demands of the role
- Experience with heavy earthmoving equipment, specifically Caterpillar Fleet an additional advantage
- Australian recognized ticket in air-conditioning and refrigeration maintenance
- HR class driver’s license (C class acceptable)
To be successful in this position you will enjoy
- Permanent employment opportunity
- Excellent health and wellbeing camp facilities including; 24 hour gym, outdoor gym, golf driving range, tennis and basketball courts, lawn balls, indoor squash court, football oval & cricket nets
- Permanent room allocation
- Simple travel – fly direct to camp!
- Nationally recognised training and upskilling opportunities
- Competitive remuneration
As part of the application process, you will be asked to provide details of your level of machine specific diagnosis and repair competency, together with any machine specific OEM training completed.
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahons’ Surface Mining Division, you will be required to pass a medical and drug and alcohol test along with obtaining a National Police Clearance.
If you are interested in this position then APPLY NOW and look forward to working on this exciting operation with Macmahon.