Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with projects throughout Australia and in New Zealand, Asia and Africa.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
The Tropicana Gold Project is a large gold mining operation located 330km north-east of Kalgoorlie, on the edge of Western Australia's Great Victoria Desert. Macmahon's 10 year mining contract includes mine planning, drill and blast, load and haul, crusher feed and other associated works.
Macmahon is now seeking applications from a suitably qualified and experienced MineStar Builder to join the site Production team. Working on an 8:6 roster basis, the purpose of this role is to maintain the MineStar environment in line with requirements from the Technical Services and Production Departments.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide support for MineStar Controllers, Supervisors, Operators and other key stakeholders of the system;
- Maintain the mine model to align with 3months, 28 day and 36 hour plan;
- Validate and maintain the data integrity of the system, monitoring data and reporting if not fit for purpose to the data provider;
- Liaise with Mining Systems to proactively manage performance of the FMS application field segment;
- Educate personnel and expedite the adoption of MineStar by site and corporate users
- Manage and build scheduled reports for key stakeholders including ad hoc reports for investigation purposes;
- Develop work procedures and methodologies for the usage of MineStar;
- Maintain effective interpersonal relationships with all work colleagues;
- Abide with all Alliance principles, Charters and site requirements;
- Perform all tasks and duties in accordance with the established work procedures and the clients/Macmahon safety policies, rules and regulations, including Macmahon Values, Fitness for Work and MAC 5.
- At least 2 years’ experience in using MineStar Fleet and Terrain or similar Fleet Management Systems;
- Previous experience in Truck and Shovel mining operations;
- Exposure to business improvement methodologies;
- Reporting using Business Objects and SQL.
If successful you will enjoy:
- Long-term career prospects;
- Simple transport from airport to site;
- Working in a safe and efficient operation;
- Training and upskilling opportunities;
- Competitive remuneration
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahon’s Surface Mining Division, you will be required to pass a medical and drug and alcohol test along with obtaining a National Police Clearance.