Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with projects throughout Australia and in New Zealand, Asia and Africa.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
The Tropicana Gold Project is a large gold mining operation located 330km north-east of Kalgoorlie, on the edge of Western Australia's Great Victoria Desert. Macmahon's 10-year mining contract includes all mine planning, drill and blast, load and haul, crusher feed and other associated works.
We are now seeking an Auto Electrician to work on this operation FIFO from Perth to Project Site on a 2:1 roster.
The key responsibilities include and not limited to:
- Repair and service mining equipment both in w/shop and out in field when required on breakdowns
- Complete service vehicle daily pre-start checks
- Communicate clearly and keep the Supervisor aware of the state of equipment in the mine in particular with respect to potential problem areas & downtime
- Service equipment as per service schedules supplied by Planner
- Repair equipment efficiently and consistent with the required standards of work
- Ensure that tasks allocated by supervisor are carried out efficiently and promptly
- Perform all tasks and duties in accordance with established work procedures, work instructions, guidelines and statutory requirements
- Wear and maintain correct personal protective equipment
- Report accidents, incidents and hazards using correct procedures
- Inspect work area and equipment for hazards, damage and defects prior to commencing work
- Ensure work area is maintained according to correct housekeeping and environmental procedures
- Attend and contribute at regular safety and toolbox meetings
- Take appropriate action in the case of an emergency
- Identify the safest, most effective and efficient methods of work
- Report any environmental incidents as soon as possible and assist as directed in all clean-up and containment activities
- Ensure all materials are used and all waste is disposed of in the environmentally approved manner
- Read and understand work instructions and permits and adhere to them at all times
- Complete JSA/THA when required
- Make use of workshop manuals/operation manuals when required
- Ensure that a clear hand-over is completed with cross-shift
To be successful in this position you must have;
- Worked on Large CAT Surface Mobile Mining Equipment (Dump Truck - CAT 793F; Dozer - CAT D10T/D11T; Grader - CAT 16M/24M; Digger - CAT 6040, 6050, 6060/Hitachi 1900, 2500, 3600)
- OHS Training
- Trade qualifications relevant to mining equipment maintenance
- Complete & understand all relevant work instruction
- Machinery tramming tickets – ALL
- Be available for extra training (i.e. Dogman, Rigging etc.)
- Extensive Maintenance Experience
If successful you will enjoy:
- Long-term career prospects;
- Simple transport from airport to site;
- Working in a safe and efficient operation;
- Training and upskilling opportunities;
- Competitive remuneration;
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahons' Surface Mining Division, you will be required to pass a medical and drug and alcohol test along with obtaining a National Police Clearance.
As part of the application process you will be asked to provide details of your level of machine specific diagnosis and repair competency, together with any machine specific OEM training completed.
If you are interested in this position then APPLY NOW and look forward to working on this exciting operation with Macmahon.