Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector throughout Australia and Africa. Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and rewarding career in mining.
The Telfer Gold Mine site, located in the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia, produces copper and gold. Macmahon began its operations at the Telfer mine site in February 2016 and is delivering the surface drill and blast, load and haul, mobile maintenance and rehandle mine functions.
Macmahon is currently seeking experienced Auto Electricians to work on this operation FIFO from Perth to Telfer on a 2:1 roster.
The key responsibilities include and not limited to:
- Repair and service mining equipment both in w/shop and out in field when required on breakdowns
- Complete service vehicle daily pre-start checks
- Communicate clearly and keep the Supervisor aware of the state of equipment in the mine in particular with respect to potential problem areas & downtime
- Service equipment as per service schedules
- Repair equipment efficiently and consistent to required standards
- Ensure that tasks allocated are carried out efficiently and promptly
- Perform all tasks and duties in accordance with established work procedures, work instructions, guidelines and statutory requirements
- Wear and maintain correct personal protective equipment
- Report accidents, incidents and hazards using correct procedures
- Inspect work area and equipment for hazards, damage and defects prior to commencing work
- Ensure work area is maintained according to correct housekeeping and environmental procedures
- Attend and contribute at regular safety and toolbox meetings
- Take appropriate action in the case of an emergency
- Identify the safest, most effective and efficient methods of work
- Report any environmental incidents as soon as possible and assist as directed in all clean-up and containment activities
- Ensure all materials are used and all waste is disposed of in the environmentally approved manner
- Read and understand work instructions and permits and adhere to them at all times
- Make use of workshop manuals/operation manuals when required
To be successful in this position you must have;
- Australian recognised Trade Certificate
- Proven experience with heavy earthmoving equipment, mainly Caterpillar & Hitachi
- Dedicated commitment to safety and quality
- Exceptional diagnostic and troubleshooting / interpretive skills
- Previous experience in large scale mining environment
- Physically fitness in line with the demands of the role
- Current Driver’s Licence
If successful you will enjoy:
- Permanent employment opportunity
- Excellent health and wellbeing camp facilities including; 24 hour gym, outdoor gym, golf driving range, tennis and basketball courts, lawn balls, indoor squash court, football oval & cricket nets
- Working in a safe and efficient operation
- Training and up skilling opportunities from an RTO
- Competitive remuneration
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahons' Surface Mining Division, you will be required to pass a medical and drug and alcohol test along with obtaining a National Police Certificate.
As part of the application process you will be asked to provide details of your level of machine specific diagnosis and repair competency, together with any machine specific OEM training completed.
If you are interested in this position then APPLY NOW and look forward to working on this exciting operation with Macmahon.